People like me, who don’t have router for wifi connection and purchase 3G data for other devices to connect to internet, well this post is for you.
Today I am going to place a small and useful tips how you can easily enable default window 7 wifi hotspot. You heard it correct, you don’t have to install or download software to do this.
Enable default window 7 wifi hotspot step:1
- Open the “RUN” dialogue box by hitting short cut key “windows key + R”
- Open the command prompt by typing “cmd” inside it and click enter.
- Once the command prompt is open type below code.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=Password keyUsage=persistent
Where “Hotspot” is your connection name and “Password” is to make a secure connection.
Manage setting for wifi connection. Step 2
- Open “Network and Sharing Center” by searching in the start menu search box.
- Click on “Change Adapter setting”.
- Enable the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” if its not enable by default. It should be named as “Wireless Network Connection 2”.
- Now see the LAN connection available (source of internet). Right click on it and go to “properties”.
- A dialogue box pop out with a name “Local Area Connection Properties”, click on the “Sharing” tab. You will see “Inter Connection Sharing” and check the labeled “Allow other Network Users to connect through this Computer’s Internet Connection”.
- Select the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter which should be labeled “Wireless Network Connection 2” from the dropdown box.
Enable and disable the connection. Step 3
Starting and stopping the wifi connection
Open a new comand prompt (window key + R).
Type the following.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
The comand prompt should give you a small message saying: “The hosted network started.”
If you go back to the “Network Connections”, you can now see the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter with good network.
To disable the connection.
Best is to open a new command line and type:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
You are done with the enable default window 7 wifi hotspot from your computer.
Enjoy your connection.